I was very kindly sent the Rimmel London Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colors to trial.
How it works
- Two steps to this product.
- You can untwist the tube at both ends. There is a doe-foot applicator on each end.
- You apply the Step 1 Intense Colour first. Then you apply Step 2 Lock & Shine.
- Comes in a total of 8 colours.
- Tip: wait 30 seconds before applying Step 2 to allow Step 1 to set first. I find that the colour lasts longer that way.
|From top to bottom: 110 Dare to Pink, 700 Skinny Dipping, 200 I'll Call You, 310 Little Mix, 500 Kiss Me You Fool, 730 Make Your Move, 230 Kiss Fatal, 550 Play With Fire|
My thoughts on the product
- It is highly pigmented.
- There is no stickiness to the texture (like you get with lip glosses).
- Once it sets, it's basically touch dry. Hence their claim of it being "kiss proof".
- It will only come off when you eat or if you have dry flaking lips. Otherwise, it has excellent staying power. I've tested it up to 8 hours and only had to reapply once because I ate.
- It's neither hydrating nor drying.
- You'll have to use makeup remover to take this stuff off because a wipe ain't gonna do the trick.
- The recommended RRP is AUD17.95. Relatively affordable. Makes a great stocking filler this Christmas!
Now here are photos of me with each lip colour on. I only applied one coat so that you judge how pigmented it is with one swipe.
Apocalips Lip Lacquer range.
550 Play With Fire - This is a pretty standard dark red colour that will suit almost anyone.
Have you tried Rimmel London's Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colour? If so, what are your thoughts? Even if you haven't, what are your expectations?