I threw a birthday party recently. And of course it was another opportunity for me to play with makeup. Unfortunately, the damned helium balloons took up a lot of my time and I had to do my hair and makeup as guests arrived. I achieved it all in approximately 45 minutes. I am definitely not trying to show off here. I actually forgot to put on my press-on manicure and perfume. Any how, it did not matter; no one noticed. My party didn't go exactly the way I planned it but ultimately, it was still a success! Everyone had a blast and I was really pleased. I guess the fun things in life are usually spontaneous.
Because I was in a hurry, I kept my makeup as simple as possible. Here's a list of products that I used. I'm really glad I chose them because they lasted all day.
- YSL Touche Eclat Foundation BR30
- hedkandi lashes by Eylure - Twisted Disco
- MAC blush in Dame
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in Cashmere
- Rimmel London Waterproof Gel Liner in Black
- Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara in Extreme Black
- Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Celestial
- Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour in Alloy
- NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in Charcoal and Dark Brown
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
I decided against doing a makeup tutorial for this look because it's simple and easy. I forgot to take a close-up of my face so the photo above is as close as it gets. Sorry, everyone!
Ever had a party that didn't go according to plan but still turned out awesome? Please do share!