Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Review: Urban Decay Lipstick in Naked

I haven't posted for quite a number of days because I've been busy working and my internet had exceeded its download limit. To keep things short and sweet, I'm going to jump straight into the review.

Remember my complain about how short the lipstick is? Well, maybe I was exaggerating a little. You can't blame me. If you read this post, you'd understand. I compared it with my MAC lipstick and it actually isn't that much shorter. So you do get a fair amount of product. (Is it just me or did lipstick lengths shorten over the years?)



I did a swatch. At certain light angles, you can see sparkles or minute glitter in it. I didn't expect that. I thought it was just going to be a simple matte lipstick. I don't know if you can see it but there's definitely shiny bits in this lipstick.



Here's another shot at a slightly different angle. It looks more matte here.



Here's a "Before" photo (of my bare lips).



Here's an "After" photo with one coat of the lipstick. 



It's a very pretty nude pink. I'm very happy with it. It's creamy and much less dehydrating than my MAC Plink! lipstick. It's very pigmented. As you can see it shows up even on my very pink lips. You can just tell it's a good quality lipstick. It has no funny chermical smell to it. One down side to it is that it's very bulky and heavy, not something you can stuff into your tiny evening purse. For more on the packaging, read my previous post on this lipstick.

I purchased this lipstick from beautybay.com at AUD20 (excluding shipping). If you have any other questions, feel free to drop a comment!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment