Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Catwalk Hair Extensions Review

I've been wanting yearning for a set of hair extensions for more than a year now. About two months back, I was lucky enough to receive a set from Catwalk Hair Extensions to trial. So here it is. The much awaited review. I apologise for taking so long because I've been away lot lately. Anyway, on with the review!



I was really excited when the 10 Piece Clip In Extensions Superior Set arrived in my mail. I took a photo of the packaging before opening it, just so you have an idea of what it looks like. It's nice and simple; not too elaborate but effective enough in keeping the hair extensions protected during delivery. 



 These extensions consists of 100% Indian Remy Human Hair. The colour I got is 1B Off Black, which in my opinions suits me because my hair is naturally black. If your hair is dyed black, I would recommend going with 01 Jet Black


 The extensions are listed as being 20 inches long on the website. You will notice in the photo that the hair tapers off. Not every single strand is 20 inches long. I have found reviewers on the internet, commenting on how they got ripped off because they haven't received hair extensions that are fully 20 inches long. Personally, I prefer it this way. It means I don't have to take it to the hairdressers to have it layered. Plus, I think it looks more natural and flattering

Here's a photo of all ten wefts. They come in various sizes to be attached onto different parts of your head. So what you're looking at is (starting from the very top) one 8" wide piece, one 7" wide piece, two 6" wide pieces , two 4" wide pieces and four 2" wide pieces. 



The clips are made out of plastic but lined with silicone. Clips usually slip and slide off my hair but these ones grip well and without hurting my hair/scalp. They are really easy to snap open and it does not hurt when you snap the slip shut against your head.

This is my first set of hair extensions and although I can't make any comparisons yet, I do know that I love it. The hairs are silky and smooth. There is no silicone coating on the strands (something that a number of reviewers claim that some brands of hair extensions have). I tested it out with my straightener and no sticky goo was to be found! It does shed a fair bit but I have a feeling it might be from my own doing. I have a bad habit of running my fingers through my hair, so these babies were no exception. The fact that the strands are so soft and touchable makes me run my fingers through them even more!

When I wore the extensions the first time, you can see that my hair looks really thick at up till shoulder length and then it tapers off significantly. That's because I had a straight hairstyle (no layers). Even then, the extensions blended in quite well, one of my friends even thought that it was my own hair and that I just have been hiding it from sight.


Here's a before and after photo (please note that full set was not worn). I recently got a hair cut and had my hair layered. The hair extensions blends in more with my own hair now. The hair extensions might feel bulky against your head and you might think that others will be able to see them sticking out. My friends felt my scalp, trying to find the wefts themselves but they couldn't! It all blends in very well and it just looks like you have long and voluminous locks. These extensions costs $145 a set, which I think is a very competitive price, considering how many (international and local) sellers there are. The fact that the quality of the extensions are decent, I'd be more than happy to buy my next set at that price.

I would like to thank Catwalk Hair Extensions for sending me this product. However, this review remains honest and all opinions are purely my own. I will be doing a follow-up post. Most likely on how I wash/care for the extensions. Hope you enjoyed this reading this extensive review! No pun intended.

What do you think of these hair extensions? Have you ever owned a set?

12 comments:

  1. These hair extensions are looking very beautiful.Thanks for this nice post....

    Black hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  2. After hair extension your hair style is looking very gorgeous.Long straight hair suit you.Thanks for this information.


    Black hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look pretty without the clip in hair extension already. I don't think you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This black hair extensions are looking very beautiful.This color suit your hair.Your hair looking natural and healthy. Please Visit:

    Cheap Human Hair Wigs
    Cheap Clip in Hair Extensions
    Black Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome black hair extensions is look nature hair really ..
    black hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post love your work! Please visit this link below for the most awesome hair extension collection.human hair lace front wigs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hair Extensions-Full Stop is a premier hair extension salon in Australia provides Quality hair extensions at a great price in Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth and many more locations Australia wide.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hair extensions gives natural look.It is more useful..Hair become so shiny and straight.

    hair extensions sydney

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hair extensions can transform a normal ordinary looking woman into a glamorous diva.Hair extensions sydney

    ReplyDelete