Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Nail Colours for Summer

Hey ladies, just thought I'd do a quick post on what colours I've been wearing on my nails lately.



For my fingers, I've been using OPI's Alpine Snow. I noticed that white is in trend right now, especially now that our weather Down Under is warming up. I really like it because it makes your digits look clean and sophisticated.



For my toes, I've been wearing OPI's Do You Lilac It? Seriously. Do you? I know I do! Purple is my favourite colour and the best way to keep it on my digits is to go for lighter shades during the warmer seasons. Please excuse my ugly blister patches...



Lastly, I just want to make a quick mention of another two hero nail products. The base coat and top coat. Both by OPI (of course!). The base coat keeps my nails from being stained and protects my nails from being stripped and peeled. I notice this whenever I remove my nail polish and my nails seem to take forever to recover. Now, it's no longer a problem. The top coat keeps my nail polish on for longer and gives it a beautiful shine. It also does not cause streaking like my previous Cutex base + top coat. Tip: avoid buying those two-in-ones. Generaly rule of thumb is that base and top coats do two different things and so should be two different formulas.




What's your favourite nail polish colours for this Summer?

4 comments:

  1. Alpine Snow is such a pretty shade and it looks like its very easy to pull of as well as it isnt too stark of a white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Do You Lilac It? shade! Im a sucker for purples and lavender shades!

    ReplyDelete