Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, November 16, 2013

HG Search: Moisturiser - Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream Review


Kiehl's Ulta Facial Cream 
Claims: "24 hour, light-textured hydrator. Reduces moisture loss. Continuous water replenishment throughout the day."
RRP: AUD34/AUD64 for 50mL/125mL
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Review: The first time I tried this product when was my mother bought a jar home and told me to try it. After cleansing and toning my face, I applied some all over my face and went to bed. The next morning, my skin still felt soft and smooth. It wasn't long before I went and got myself a 50mL jar too (R kindly paid for it). I've been using it for more than two months now and have hit the base of the jar. My mother has hit base too. And guess what? We went out and bought a 125mL jar each!


So by now, you'd know where this review is heading. Yes, this story has a "happy ending". You can stop reading now and go buy yourself one to try... Oh! You wanna know more? Okay then. This moisturising cream is very lightweight with a gel-like consistency. Kinda similar to the consistency of Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Gel Cream. It goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly so there's no sticky feeling. If you apply makeup soon after, it is tacky enough to work as a primer.

I love that this product keeps my face hydrated all day and night, regardless of whether the weather is wet/dry/warm/cold. It feels like I'm giving my skin water to drink. A word of warning though, if you have extremely dry skin, whereby it's peeling and patchy, this may not be powerful enough of a moisturiser for you; something like Creme de La Mer might be better for you. Otherwise, I am very happy with this product and it's currently my Holy Grail moisturiser. I know what you're gonna say. But it came in a jar! That's unsanitary! Well, as long as you wash your hands well with soap and dry them properly before dipping your fingers into the product, I don't see any problems with it, especially if it's solely for your own use. Hence, I have not deducted any points from packaging.


What's your Holy Grail moisturiser (if you have one)? 

2 comments:

  1. my holy grail one...ive yet to find i've got quite sensitive skin which takes the fun out of trying out skincare products (which by the way is fav!) I'm glad you found your's though, kiehl's are a great brand which I heaps of people love to rav about! Btw ty, I've tagged you in a post, if you'd like to do this heres the link to the tag http://multitaskingdamsel.tumblr.com/post/67509959211/damsel-shares-the-beauty-blogger-tag , i've been an avid reader yours for months loving your posts as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get best anti-aging facials, skin care and spa products from Advanced Spa in NYC for cleansing, enhancing and restoring your skin.

    ReplyDelete