Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wicked Wednesday: Skinvitals Hydraflex Eyes Review + Demo

Hey everyone! Hope you're having a good week so far. I have another review for you today.


Skinvitals Hydraflex Eyes  
Claims: Soothing eye mask that targets the entire eye area to reduce the appearance of dark circles and bags under your eyes. Replenish and rejuvenate the skin, as well as even out the skin tone and restore clarity.
RRP: AUD$14.99
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Review: Although this is the only eye mask I've tried and I can't make any comparisons, I have to say that I really like it. The instructions for applying this product are easy to comprehend and carry out. There is no rinsing or washing required afterwards. I found that after using this mask, my eye area feel soft smooth and hydrated. The dark circles under my eyes became less prominent. My whole eye area looks a bit brighter and more awake. Perhaps the slight cooling sensation is a factor. It just made me feel freshened up. 

This product is a little bit expensive (approx. $5 per cloth mask) but I have to say that they do give you your money's worth. They pack each mask with loads of serum (explained in the next paragraph). Also, the packaging is appealing and I can't find any fault with it, hence the 5 out of 5. To sum it up, I think this is a really nice eye mask. If you're like me and you've been lazy with routinely applying eye creams, this is how we can cheat our way to bright eyes for the day/night

Now on with the demo! 



Each mask comes in their own little packet. As you can see, it says 8mL. My guess is they are referring to the amount of serum that the cloth mask is holding, which is a lot! The mask was soaking with serum when I removed it from the packaging (they're really generous with it!). Application instructions are found both at the back of the box and the back of the packets. 



So there I am relaxing with this eye mask on. It covers a very large area of my face so I was essentially giving my eye area and the top of my cheeks a bit of a treat. After 15 minutes, I remove and throw the mask into the bin. It seems like a waste but I guess you can choose to put the mask on a little longer if you like. 


  
Then, I grabbed a tissue and patted away the excess serum. You may choose to massage and push more serum into your skin if you like. However, I felt that there was so much serum on my skin that there was no way my skin was going to absorb all of it! Please excuse my uneven eyelids in this photo.



And there you have it: bright eyes! And for the record, the "bags" under my eyes are from me smiling. For more products and stockist, you can check out their website here

Have you tried any of Skinvitals masks? Which one(s) do you like or would like to try? Please do share in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Woww.. i loved that.. your face look so good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to leave cloth masks on for a bit longer than indicated just to make the most of the serum. This seems like a really effective product!

    makeupandmockmeat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete