Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Bump It Up! A Tutorial

If you've read my review on the Scunci Hi Styles, you'd probably remember that I promised a tutorial. Here it is! Hope you find it helpful.


What you will need
  •  Scunci Hi Styles
  • A couple of bobby pins 
  • A tail comb 
  • A bottle of hairspray 


Step 1  Work out where you want to place the Hi Styles. I chose around half to three quarters way in, at the top of my head. I started teasing the hair in front of that (they are going to cover/conceal the Hi Styles).



 Step 2. I had separated the portion of hair into two sections. Here I am teasing my front section.


Teased hair!


Step 3. Hold your portion of teased hair up vertically. Place the Hi Styles on top of your head, directly behind the teased hair.



Step 4. Pull the teased hair over the Hi Style to conceal it. Make sure you don't pull too tight or the teeth will show through. With one hand holding your hand in place, grab a bobby pin with your other hand and secure it. Use another bobby pin, inserting it from the opposite direction to criss-cross the two pins. 


It will look something like this at the back.



Step 5. Hairspray the bump and then gently run your hand over it to smooth down any flyaways.



And there you have it. This is how I cheat volume into my hair.

What do you think? Are you interested in more hair tutorials?

2 comments:

  1. This is a great quicky and easy tutorial! I love that it looks really natural, as I find some teasing/backcombing can make it end up looking really 'poofy' on the top but this isnt the case I see, because the Hi Style does most of the work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to hear that you find it so. :) I couldn't agree more.

      Delete