I successfully went through the month of June without buying any beauty products because I was on a spending ban. Came 1st of July, I went and bought myself a cream eyeshadow. Guess how much I paid for it? $44. Now, I've put myself back on the ban. And such bad timing too! There are so many lipsticks/lipglosses/stains/lacquers that have been just released and I can't get my hands on them!
So if you're on a spending ban just like me. Here are 3 ways you can use/apply your lippy... as though you got a whole new separate one!
Sheer Lips/Tinted Lip Balm
1. Apply bit of lipstick to the centre of your lips.
2. Pick up lots of clear lip balm with your lip brush.
3. Start applying your lip balm over the lipstick, mixing it in and spreading it.
4. Keep working and spreading until you reached the corners of your lip.
1. Apply one coat of lipstick onto your lips
2. Dip a fluffy eyeshadow brush into translucent powder
3. Pat the powder all over your lips.
Can you tell how I achieved this?
I mixed two colours!
1. Apply one colour to your lips. I did it just on the centre.
2. Run the bullet of the second lipstick over the back of your hand to transfer product onto it.
3. Pick up the product with a lip brush and paint it on your lips
4. Keep mixing and spreading the colours until you reach the corners of your lips.
Three different lip looks with just one (well maybe two) lipsticks! I used Rimmel London's Lasting Finish by Kate in the colour 20 for all 3 looks. In case you're wondering, the second lippy was MAC's Plink!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Please feel free to share any lippy tips you have. I'd love to read them!