Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nail Polish for August

Here Down Under, it's warming up a little, especially where I live. We are so very close to Spring now and I'm counting down the days 'cause I'm a warm weather person. On the other hand, for those of you who are living in the Northern hemisphere, you'll be bidding Summer farewell and welcoming Autumn soon.

I present to you two nail polishes; I've got you covered no matter what part of the world you live in.


I notice that as the weather warms up, everyone just whips out their pastel polishes. Although I am a huge fan of pastel colours, I reckon it's nice to be different; to stand out from the crowd. Go BRIGHT pink instead of PALE pink!


I wore OPI A Definite Moust-Have in the photo above. Kudos to OPI for coming up with a collection based on my childhood favourite Disney character, Minnie Mouse. I'll be the first to admit that I am not the biggest fan of pinks, especially hot or neon pink. However, for some strange reason, this colour really appeals to me. It has a very subtle gleam/sheen. I tested it out with base or top coat and it lasted four days without chipping.


As the weather gets colder, you see photos of berry hued nails plastered all over the internet. Personally, I prefer to dark purple colours. It's no-brainer 'cause purple is my favourite colour! OPI has taken it to the next level by coming up with a new collection called Liquid Sand. So if you're bored of the Shatter or Caviar look, give this a try. I apologise that this photo is not an accurate representation of what the nail polish looks like in real life. However, it's the only way you can see the texture. My friends Oooh'ed and Aaah'ed over my nails when I wore it. It looked like I had deep purple sand on my nails. I think it looks classy and sexy and would work really well with a dark vampy look.

Edit: The polish is very easy to apply but a bit of a nightmare to remove. It requires a fair bit of nail polish remover. And you'll get glitter all over your fingers afterwards. It chips more easily (lasted only two days) and if you apply a top coat over it or you'll lose the matte finish. The name of the shade that I wore in the photo is Vesper.

Have you tried any of these nail polishes? What will you be wearing this month?

8 comments:

  1. I love the Liquid Sand polishes - they are so hard to photograph though, they are so much more beautiful in real life! I think you've done a great job with Vesper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I totally agree with you, they are gorgeous in real life.

      Delete
  2. I seriously LOVE the liquid sand polishes! I'm surprised you've had trouble removing it though, I find them a lot easier to remove than the usual glitter polishes! Didn't have issues with chipping either! Maybe you got a bad batch? :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno. Maybe I just need more practice? :)

      Delete
  3. Liquid sand polishes are such an interesting concept. I should get my hands on some!
    x Court
    www.madeinmarcelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw I've nominated you for the Leibster Awards on my blog, so try out the questions! :)
      x Court
      www.madeinmarcelle.blogspot.com

      Delete