Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer Review + Swatches

Okay, there are so many reviews out there on the World Wide Web that you're probably sick of seeing, hearing and reading about it. I guess this product really took the world by storm. Anyhow, I'd like to contribute my two cents.


Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer
Claims:  "Combines the colour of a lipstick and lacquer shine of a lip gloss. The creamy conditioning formula features pure colour pigments, leaving lips vibrant and glossy."
RRP: AUD15.95

Packaging: 5 out of 5
Review:  I am not a big fan of lip glosses because no matter what colour I choose, they don't show up on my lips. I might as well only buy and wear clear lipglosses. When Rimmel came up with these Lip Lacquers. I was overjoyed! These babies are seriously pigmented. Okay, well, maybe this isn't new invention. After all, YSL did come up with Glossy Stains first but there's a huge difference: Rimmel is a lot more affordable, especially if you live in Australia.

I find the nude colours are not as long lasting and as the pinks, particularly the brighter ones. I found that as long as I am not eating or drinking, the product really stays put. If you're gonna eat or drink, expect to only reapply once. I am also happy to announce that these lip lacquers are not drying to the lips, which is something that I struggle with lipsticks. Another thing to note, the bright pinks are not for the faint-hearted. The colours are very fun and loud. Personally, I like it that way but you can tone it down my dabbing a bit of the product on the centre of your lips and spread it out with your ring finger. That way, you get a sheer finish.

I don't want to rave on and on about this product because I'm sure you would have heard enough of it if you've been watching Youtube beauty videos and reading beauty blogs for the past few months. Now, on to the swatches!


 Here's a photo of what my lips look like with nothing but a bit of lip balm on.




Pale girls, Phenomenon (beige-y nude) is perfect for you! Pair it with a dark smokey eye.

100 Phenomenon

100 Phenomenon


Nude lips for those with darker complexion? No problem! Nude Eclipse (brown-y nude) has you covered!

600 Nude Eclipse

600 Nude Eclipse


Stargazer (shimmery honey brown nude), I imagine would look great on people like Beyonce! Extra shimmer to look extra glam.

701 Stargazer

701 Stargazer


If you fancy yourself some berry-toned lip colour, Solstice is your girl!

201Solstice

201 Solstice


Ladies, if you're a fan of mauve-y pinks, give Celestial a try.

101 Celestial

101 Celestial


Want a taste of what it's like to be a princess? Put Nova (true girly pink) on. 

102 Nova

102 Nova


Pink, red and fuchsia got together and made the ultimate colour baby: Apocaliptic.

300 Apocaliptic

300 Apocaliptic

For a dose of red, give Stellar (reddish pink) a go! P.S. I don't know why my camera can't pick up the hint of pink in Stellar. Sorry!

501 Stellar







501 Stellar


I'm giving away four Apocalips Lip Lacquers! Check back in on Wednesday to find out what shades and how to enter. Also, I've created a Facebook page for this blog. Hooray! Finally! Feel free to drop by and say hello. I'd love to chat.




Have you tried these lip lacquers? Which is your favourite colour? I can't decide between Apocaliptic and Stellar.

11 comments:

  1. Apocaliptic is great!! I use it, but it flows into the contour of the lips =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solstice looks amazing on you, gives the right amount of pop! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. 102 Nova and 101 Celestial are the prettiest colors =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them!!! So pretty!!! I'm with you, Apocaliptic and Stellar are amazing and can't pick which one I love more! xx



    http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I love reading posts on Apocalips haha even though theres lots of reviews out there. I have apocaliptic and stellar which are both gorgeous but a bit much for everyday wear, think I'll have to check out stargazer after seeing your lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stellar is almost neon on me! Love it on you!

    I love Apocaliptic and Celestial the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surprisingly, I really like the nudes. But since they are lipglosses I have to ask, are they one of those sticky types where every time the wind blows your hair gets stuck? Haha that's the main reason why I tend to avoid lipglosses.
    x Court

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that the hair does not get stuck like with lip glosses. I hate it when I literally have to peel my hair off my lip gloss. With this, your hair will land of it and you can easily swipe your hair away. But be careful! If you are wearing one of the bright pinks, your hair might pick up some product/colour. :)

      Delete
    2. Haha I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for the reply :)
      x Court

      Delete
  8. Thank you for the lovely comments ladies! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your swatches, I too am not particular crazy about lip glosses but these give you the sheeny finish without having to suffer the stickiness. Beautiful swatches! Do pop down and say hello! I have also done a review on these products if you would like to check it out:

    http://inkquisite.blogspot.com/2013/12/review-rimmel-apolcalips-lip-lacquers.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete