Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Featuring Cezka Mariz: Rising Star


When I caught up with Cezka Mariz a few months ago, apart from her blonde locks, nothing else about her has changed. She was bursting with energy and still bubbly as ever. I've known this singer/songwriter since Year 10 and had not seen her much for a couple of years after high school. We finally got together to do a photoshoot and just catch up in general.



As some of you may be completely new to Cezka, let me up bring you up to speed. She is the eldest out of three siblings and has lived in Saudi Arabia, Philippines, New Zealand and Australia. She's been singing for as long as she can remember. This acoustic/R&B songstress released her debut album last August, with two original tracks written by herself. Cezka has an amazing voice. You might call me bias simply because I'm her friend but have a listen and you'll change your mind.
 


Cezka is one of the most grounded people I know. Instead of choosing to quit school and take on music full time, Cezka finished her secondary education first. She in fact went on and completed a certificate in Interior Designing. When we chatted about her life as an artist thus far, I was shocked to discover that she's a victim of bullying. Ever since her journey to stardom began, she's been receiving cruel prank calls. The anonymous caller(s) sneer(s) about her singing and her smile. They turned her most beautiful assets into something negative. She told me that it affects her but she tries her best to ignore them. It made my blood boiled that someone could do something horrible to a lovely person such as herself.



Of course Cezka is not going to let a couple of bullies stop her. She will in fact be on her way to LA in September. Andrew Lane, a record producer (for Backstreet Boys), has contacted her and would like to see what they can come up with. Cezka is thrilled and when she told me about the news, I was really excited for her. She has worked so hard and I wish her success in every possible way. As long as Cezka keeps her mega-watt smile and wonderful personality, I can guarantee you she and her music are unstoppable.

On a final note, since I'm a beauty nut, I had to ask her some beauty-related questions.

Favourite mascara? L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara
Favourite eyeliner? Rimmel London Exaggerate Liquid Liner
Favourite lipstick? MAC lipstick in Rebel

Just became a fan of Cezka's? You can follow her Facebook page here and check out her website here.


Would you like to know more about Cezka and her music? Leave a comment down below and let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment