Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Chopping My Hair Off for a Cause


If you've heard of The World's Greatest Shave, then you'd know that it's a mighty thing to do, especially a girl. One of my friends will be shaving this month and I thought it was very brave of her. I wanted to contribute as well. So I decided to donate my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.



This is how long my hair was prior to the chop.



Ann-Marie helped me make the chop, literally. I handed her scissors and asked if she could help me cut my hair off. This is how short my hair was afterwards.

The next morning, I went to the hairdressers and got my hair styled and tidied up.



I got it done at Oscar Oscar by a Japanese lady. I loved the results. I don't regret chopping my hair off at all. The donated hair will be made into a wig for a cancer patient who has lost his/her hair during treatment. It's all for a good cause.




What do you think of my new hair? Do you like it? Will you ever donate your hair?

10 comments:

  1. Ty you look gorgeous!! Love the new hairdo too. It's so lovely of you to donate your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Ty it looks so amazing! I admire you for taking the plunge. You go girl :*


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an amazing thing to do, good on you! Your new style looks absolutely gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Ty, you look absolutely amazing, and I so envy your courage to get I done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, good on you love! Long hair or short, you still look amazing!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing!! Good on you for doing such a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a generous, selfless thing that you did for such a wonderful cause. Not only that, but your hair look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comments, ladies! :)

      Delete
  8. ty this is awesome! a person close to me had cancer and this means a lot to those who have been affected for awesome people like you to support them! p.s the new hair is gorgeous on you!! your brave at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information for my mission.
    aloe vera gel Rawalpindi

    ReplyDelete