Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Chopping My Hair Off for a Cause


If you've heard of The World's Greatest Shave, then you'd know that it's a mighty thing to do, especially a girl. One of my friends will be shaving this month and I thought it was very brave of her. I wanted to contribute as well. So I decided to donate my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.



This is how long my hair was prior to the chop.



Ann-Marie helped me make the chop, literally. I handed her scissors and asked if she could help me cut my hair off. This is how short my hair was afterwards.

The next morning, I went to the hairdressers and got my hair styled and tidied up.



I got it done at Oscar Oscar by a Japanese lady. I loved the results. I don't regret chopping my hair off at all. The donated hair will be made into a wig for a cancer patient who has lost his/her hair during treatment. It's all for a good cause.




What do you think of my new hair? Do you like it? Will you ever donate your hair?

9 comments:

  1. Ty you look gorgeous!! Love the new hairdo too. It's so lovely of you to donate your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Ty it looks so amazing! I admire you for taking the plunge. You go girl :*


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an amazing thing to do, good on you! Your new style looks absolutely gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Ty, you look absolutely amazing, and I so envy your courage to get I done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, good on you love! Long hair or short, you still look amazing!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing!! Good on you for doing such a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a generous, selfless thing that you did for such a wonderful cause. Not only that, but your hair look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comments, ladies! :)

      Delete
  8. ty this is awesome! a person close to me had cancer and this means a lot to those who have been affected for awesome people like you to support them! p.s the new hair is gorgeous on you!! your brave at heart!

    ReplyDelete