Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum Review


Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum 
Claims:  "reduces the visible appearance of pores by 58 per cent... Supports cell maturation, balances oil production and keeps skin smooth with gentle desquamation."
RRP: AUD68
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Review:  I've been suffering from several skin problems lately. Cystic acne, blackheads, you name it! When my housemate, Ann-Marie, gave me a 10% off Myer card, I jumped at the chance to get this product. I really wanted to deal with my blackheads and large pores the proper way once and for all.

Let's start with the positives, shall we? I really like that the product comes with a pump so that you can dispense the serum in a hygienic way, hence full marks for packaging. In terms of price, I believe it is fairly reasonable given it contains 30ml of serum.


If you only have small areas of enlarged pores, half a pump is plenty. The texture is thick, like a lotion. I applied this to my nose (the problem area) religiously, day and night for nearly a month. Unfortunately, I did not notice any difference. I definitely was not expecting any mind-blowing changes but I expected at least some. But nada, zilch. The lady at the Clinique had said that this product would help unclog my pores and make them look smaller. I would use my Clarisonic and a clay mask (a GlamGlow one to be more precise) to clear out my pores first before applying this product.

I wanted to boost its efficacy but it did nothing at all. I know this because every morning and every night, I check my pores and fresh blackheads take the place of the ones I removed. I occasionally inspected my nose with a magnifying mirror to make sure that my eyes were not playing tricks on me. My pores still look as large as ever.

I'm disappointed and I will not be repurchasing this product.

Do you know of any good pore minimising products? Please do share! 

3 comments:

  1. I love Kate Somerville's RetAsphere, but it's super expensive. I did a review on it a few days ago - http://shrinkingwallet.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/review-kate-somerville-retasphere.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried a lot of pore serums and they never do anything. Clinique's pore refining foundations on the other hand, I would recommend.

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate it when you buy a high end product and it does nothing for you! other than that clinique products are great, their foundations are good!

    ReplyDelete