Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Triple S: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 Review


I've been using Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser for a month now and it's high time I wrote a review for it. First off, I'd like to point out how much I love the packaging. So much so that I've kept the box. It does not have a "luxurious feel" like YSL does but it definitely has the "high quality feel". This product comes in a tube, so we technically should be able to squeeze out as much product as we can (unlike foundations that come with a pump).

As you can see, it says "lightweight flawless coverage" on the packaging. I'd give a big tick for the "lightweight" part. This product does not make you feel clogged up/heavy/saturated like some moisturisers can. As for "flawless", I think it's a very relative term. If your skin is in poor condition, with very prominent scarrings or breakouts, I would not recommend this to you. You're better off with a medium to full coverage foundation because the coverage for this product is sheer to light. If you have wonderfully beautiful skin, then this product is perfect for you. I am by means saying that I have perfect skin. Once upon a time, I did. Now, I'm very far from it. I use this product to cover up the light pimple scars that I have and to even out my skintone.

This is one of those products that isn't for everyone because different people need/want different amounts of coverage. For me, I am quite content with it because it cuts three steps to one. Sunscreen + moisturiser +  light foundation = tinted moisturiser! Great for people who have very little time to get ready in the morning. It's SPF 20 should be enough to protect us in the bus/car or on the streets when we're on our way to work/uni and exposured to the sun. In terms of lasting power, it's not the best. After all, it is a moisturiser and it is mostly absorbed into your skin. So you're guaranteed a hydrated face but not a lasting coverage.

The only downside to this is that it is expensive. However, as I mentioned before in my April Haul post, Laura Mercier prices have dropped in Australia. It now retails for $59. I believe it was previously $80+. You get 40ml out of it, which should last you quite a while if you don't use it frequently (like me). I will be doing a demo with this product in an upcoming post and I'll also show you how to "stinge" on this product; make it "last" longer and stretch your money's worth.

Summary
  • High quality packaging. 
  • Lightweight. Flawlessness depends on skin condition. Sheer coverage
  • Only recommended for people with very minimal pimple scars and blemishes. 
  • Mainly used to even out skintone.
  • Three steps in one! Has SPF 20. Whoot!
  • Expensive 
Do you use tinted moisturisers? What do you think of them?

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of tinted moisturisers but I've heard that this Laura Mercier is one of the best out there! I am tempted to try. It sounds pretty good from your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valentine, I think it really depends on what you're after. If you want sheer covarage, I'd recommend this. Try going to your nearest Laura Mercier counter for a test/sample. The MUAs are usually more than happy to apply it for you to try for the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not too much of a fan of tinted moisturisers I find they go really streaky and are like clay. Recently I've started using bb from Garnier and thats really good!

    Daisie

    toptenbeautsdaisiegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Daisie, that's really interesting. I don't experience that. I believe BB creams are tinted moisturisers except with extra benefits so it's really great that you've found something that works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, it's a good product for days when you just want light coverage.

    I only just realised when reading your post it is only 40mL, I thought it was 50mL! The foundation primer is 50mL and the tubes look exactly the same size

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kathryn, thanks! Glad you like it. :) Yes it is 40mL. I haven't checked out their foundation primer physically but from pictures they definitely do look the same. Perhaps the actual tube for the primer is slightly bigger? Or maybe they pack more in for primers?

    ReplyDelete