Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Triple S: Seize the Day

Carpe diem. If you've watched Dead Poet's Society, you'd know the meaning. If you haven't, you may have come across it somewhere and sometime in your life, whether it's the newspapers, television ads or people talking. In case you don't know what that the special phrase means, it is Latin for "Seize the day".

Life is precious. We all acknowledge that but how many of us actually grasp it? Just like many other things, we take life for granted... until it's about to be taken away from us. Carpe diem has been my life motto for quite some time now. If I were to get a tattoo, it'd be that phrase on my arm, where I can see it and reminded of how time is slipping away. Even if we think that we'll have years away from us, it can all change because of a terminal illness or a fatal accident.

Recently, I watched this very inspirational video of a man who got on Oprah to pass a very important message to everyone. His life has been cut short and he has done everything he could to make the best out of what he has left. I would like to share this video with everyone because it has touched me and maybe it will touch you too.




What's your take on life? What's your motto?





No comments:

Post a Comment