Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2014

First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser + Daily Face Cream + Ultra Repair Cream Review


I've been trying out three products from First Aid Beauty this past month. Now I'm here to report my findings!

Overall review: I love how the products come in tubes or with a pump. FAB gets points for hygiene and minimal contamination! However, keep in mind that if you buy the next size up for the Ultra Repair Cream, it comes in a jar. The pricing is reasonable, in line with its quality both in terms of product and packaging. All the products are designed to be suitable for sensitive skin. I review the products separately below.


First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser
RRP: AUD19.95
Review: This is an excellent cleanser. I would not describe it as gentle but neither it is harsh (although FAB calls it a mild and gentle). For me it strikes the right balance. It's effective at cleaning without stripping the skin. I use this in morning and then at night with my Clarisonic Mia. It lathers easily so be careful not to get this in your eyes. It will sting like hell! And I mean it when I say you only need a bit to cover your entire face. The tube is massive and contains ~140g of product. I expect this to last me till the end of the year at the rate I'm going.



First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream 
RRP: AUD23.95
Review: If you're after a lightweight moisturiser that keeps your skin hydrated until you wash your face again at night, this might just be the product for you. The weather has gotten cold and dry where I live and this face cream has held up really well. I use this in the morning after cleansing. Two pumps (shown in the photo above) is sufficient for me to cover my entire face. And I almost never find myself needing to reapply.



First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream 
RRP: AUD14.95
Review: Out of the three products, I love this one the most! You can use this on your face and body. I use this as my nighttime moisturiser and my hand cream. I have very dry and irritated patches on my right hand from all the hand-washing and disinfecting that comes with working/studying in the health care industry. This product has been aptly named because now my hand is on its way to full recovery. My skin is not as scaly and itchy as before. I am so obsessed with this product that I've already emptied half the tube!


Have you ever tried any of First Aid Beauty products?

8 comments:

  1. These look great! I have tried their moisturisers before but never the cleanser. Might need to give it a go in the future as my current one is running out.
    Great Post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I was eyeing these up in Woolies the other day but decided to better read some reviews first. They sound great but even though they're targeted to sensitive skin, I'm always wary!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheri! Yea, it can be hard 'cause not every is sensitive to the same ingredients! I didn't realise they're sold at Woolies.

      Delete
  3. its so good they are designed for sensitive skin ( a plus for me). i love experimenting and using different skincare products its my favourite! where did you purchase these products from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa, you can get them from David Jones. :)

      Delete
  4. Really useful & helpful information, which you have shared. This details is awesome.
    Foot Repair Cream

    ReplyDelete