Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Referenced!

Something really interesting happened. Something unexpected...

It was only this morning, I ripped out my old Post-it notes and threw them into the bin. Okay, that's not the interesting part. I have to tell you the boring bits first. Please bear with me for now. I always scribble down whatever I have to do on my Post-it pad and refer to it from time to time. Think of it as my version of a to-do list. Here's what I wrote:

- Job
- Driving lessons
- Gym ?
- Scholarship!
- iPod
- Delete blog
- TFN

I'm not going to go through each item and explain what each of them means. For one, it's none of your business. But what would interest you is that this morning, or many mornings ago, I had set out to delete my blog. Yes, I was going to delete this blog. The one you're reading right now. Well, technically, for all I know, no one is reading this at all, except me and the occasional friend or two. So I hit up "hotheadedbutcreative.blogspot" on Google. I was going to sign in and remove this blog from the World Wide Web forever. Three years of hard work, my fruits of labour going down the drain... Okay, so maybe not three years. I haven't really been paying attention to it last year in particular. I decided that I would not have the time or energy to post on it anymore.

Now here comes the interesting part: this blog has been referenced! Well, it was a poorly done job but still, it was something, Something that never happened to this poor, lonely, neglected blog before. This blog called SAVIORXXX, copied a picture of Jared Koronkiewicz from my blog and referenced it. I have to hand it to the guy, it was really nice of him to acknowledge his sources.



The strange thing is, after seeing that, I felt a surge of inspiration. Something I haven't felt in a very long time and I usually need those to start typing up my post. Yea, I know that my posts are usually long and boring, pretty painstaking for you to read it. I don't have Queen Chris's wit or Myra's humour or Jess's bluntness to make my audience laugh. What I do know is that I love writing. And I'll keep posting because it simply is my passion. It doesn't matter whether this blog gets the attention of some big shot publisher or not. What matters is that I will be continuing on the wonderful journey of writing, something that I've taken a break from for far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment