Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Australia Day Makeup Tutorial Part 1


Hey ladies! For this Australia Day, I'll be heading over to a family friend's for brunch and then watching tennis at home in the evening. I almost never miss the Men's Finals. Who's your favourite? Mine's Rafael Nadal.

Anyway, I came up with this makeup up for a day-time smokey Aussie BBQ or for whatever else you'll be doing on Australia day.


Step 1. Apply a pale creamy matte colour all over your eyelids, keeping the colour below the crease. I used In The Buff from my Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette. Apply eye primer beforehand for more lasting power.



Step 2. Using a blending/crease brush, apply a brown eyeshadow to your crease. I used Buck from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Be sure to blend and buff the colour out such that it joins the first eyeshadow colour seamlessly.



Step 3. Line your eyes with a long-wearing or waterproof navy eyeliner. I used Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Black Navy. You can do a cat liner if you want but I wanted a more natural look so I kept the edges blunt.



Step 4. Curl your lashes and apply mascara. Your eye makeup is now complete!



Step 5. Moving on to the rest of the face, I applied tinted moisturiser all over my face. I mixed my Laura Mercier one with my Garnier one to match my shade. Apply primer beforehand for better lasting power. Then I brightened my under-eye area with the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer.



Step 6. I powder my forehead, nose and chin with some translucent powder by Smashbox.



Step 7. Now apply some cream blush to your cheeks. I used Stila Convertible in Lilium. Remember to blend, blend, blend! with your fingers.



Step 8. Lastly, you can apply a pale pink/peachy lip colour if you like. I went with my regular lip balm because I don't like the idea of eating my lipstick together with my barbeque chicken. Organic lip balm, I don't mind so much.


Yes, it's the same photo. Just to save you from scrolling back up.
So there you have it! Part 2 will be an evening look. I'll show you how I take this day look into a night-time party look. I'll be posting it up tomorrow, so check back then!


What are your plans for Australia Day?

4 comments: