Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Triple S: Santorini Sun Nature's Facelift Oil Review

Hello ladies (and perhaps gents?)! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Today I'll be reviewing a face oil by Santorini Sun. I was sent this product over a month ago and have been trying it out for a few weeks now, so I thought it's about time I wrote a review for it.

If you've never heard of Santorini Sun before, let me give you a quick run down:
- Australian company
- Makes cruelty-free products
- Uses natural ingredients (such as olives and oranges)
- Products are made in Australia

Now, back to their product, Nature's Facelift Oil


Claims: Works on wrinkles and crow's feet; boosts new cell growth; works on eczema, age spots and scars; moisturises and hydrates; fast absorbing
Retail: AUD$29.95 for 100mL 
Packaging: 4 out of 5 
Review: 
 
Firstly, I would like to talk about the packaging. I love how it came with a pump so it's very easy to dispense the amount you want. It's also hygienic because you're not pouring back in product that has been exposed to the air (that's full of dust and microbes). The bottle is made out of plastic. Although I prefer glass, I have to say that this means it's very light to carry around and it won't break easily even if you drop it.
 
 
This product is made out of Pure Olive Squalane Oil, which mimics our skin's sebum. The oil is clear (practically transparent) and absorbs into the skin quite quickly (as promised on the bottle). For the first two weeks of trialling this product, I applied it to my face in the morning and at night before I go to bed as religiously as I could. I found that my normal/combination skin became drier. In terms of moisturizing or hyrdating my skin it didn't work. It makes sense because my skin cells most likely detected an increase in oil, so they decreased their production of sebum to balance it out. Hence, my skin became drier.
 
 
The good news is, this oil has managed to lighten a scar on my thumb, slightly. I think if I keep applying and do so diligently, it will completely erase the scar. It also hasn't induced any breakouts, which is of utmost importance to me. However, I have to admit that I've stopped using it on my face and only use it on my body now. Yes, don't let the name fool you. So it's actually a face and body oil.


Overall, I love the concept of this product. It's functions are similar to Rosehip Oil, except it's much more affordable. Although it didn't work on my face, I have to say that it does not mean that it won't work for you. I'm thinking it might be good for anyone with oily skin to give it a go. It might be a means of keeping your cells from producing excess sebum. For more information on this product, click here. For a list of stockists click here. On a side note, I know the photo on their website of the product looks different, so I don't know which packaging you will be getting if you bought it online. I hope this review has been helpful!

Have you heard of Santorini Sun before? Which one of their products have you tried or would like to try?

1 comment:

  1. Last week I went to the island of Santorini. It was like a dream. Other notes I wrote here in Santorini.

    ReplyDelete