Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Triple S: Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Fragrance Free Facial Cleansing Wipes Review

Source: beautydirectory.com
 I have been trying these facial wipes for a few months now. I don't wear makeup very often and only do so when I am in the mood for it. I use these wipes to remove my makeup on the bus on my way home at the end of the day. Mind you, I pretty much only wear mascara and tinted moisturiser on most "makeup days" so they are easy to remove. I find that these wipes can remove makeup better than my makeup remover + cotton pad. The tiny little bumps on the wipes really help "scrub" my mascara off. So it essentially takes me less than 5 minutes to wipe everything off my face. This is not to say that I have not tested this product with heavier makeup. It removes heavy makeup just as effectively but you'll need two as opposed to one wipe.

I really love that this product is perfume, alcohol, colour and oil free. Perfume and colour in particular can cause skin problems/allergies because most of the time, they are artificially made. These wipes really cleanse my face, leaving my skin feeling fresh and clean. It states that it hydrates as well. Although I have not felt the acclaimed hydrating properties, I must admit that these wipes are not drying at all. So this does not replace the need to moisturise.

For me, the packaging is of reasonable quality. However, I am not a big fan of the "tape-back cover top" because most of the time it's hard to seal it back perfectly. This means that the wipes can dry up easily. So far, I have been able to keep the wipes moist and working. What I did not like about this product, especially at the start, was that it was heavy and bulky and thus a pain to fit and carry around in my bag. The heaviness and bulkiness reduces as I use the wipes of course. Nevertheless, I have found a solution to combat this problem of mine. I took a clean and new zip-lock bag and designated it as my "portable wipes bag". So every "makeup day", I would put one new wipe into the zip-lock bag before popping it into my bag and leaving the house.

This product contains 25 wipes and normally retails for AUD$7.50. I got it for $5 around sale time so it was quite a bargain! Would I repurchase this? Yes, unless I discover something better. Unfortunately, I cannot confidently recommend this to everyone because I have read a few bad reviews on this product. There are people who feel a film of residue left on their skin after using these wipes. However, like I have mentioned before, there isn't a single product that is for everyone. So if you have normal skin (not dry or oily) that is not sensitive like I do, I think it's safe to say that this product will most probably work on you. Overall, I am happy with this product.

Summary
  • Removes makeup quickly and effectively. Perfect for on-the-go. 
  • Perfume, alcohol, colour and oil free.
  • Cleansing; not hydratingbut not drying either.
  • Can dry up if not sealed back properly. 
  • Bulky and heavy, especially at the start. Carry individually in zip-lock bag by refilling everyday. 
  • Affordable and would repurchase.

Do you use cleansing wipes? Which brand/type do you use? I'd love to hear your recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment