Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Missoni Nail Art


I was inspired by TBD's post on missoni nail art that I tried it out myself. I only did it on my thumb because I wasn't even sure I could pull it off. Plus, it's time consuming if you are meticulous, can't stand crooked lines and want to get it absolutely perfect.



Mine doesn't look all too good up close. But if I hold my thumb away far enough, it looks pretty cool. The fun thing about this is that the colours don't have to go in any specific order. You can change the colour order for different fingers. It's up to you which colours are to be repeated and which aren't. If your nail polish doesn't come with a fine tip brush, you'll need a small and thin paint brush.

Colours I used:
Dark purple (as the base)
Black (one with fine tip for nail art)
White
Bright orange
Bright yellow
Turquoise

Get creative! You don't have to stick with the colours I used. Google "Missoni" for some ideas. After having done it on my thumb, I feel like doing it to all my nails now. I should really be studying though! Enjoy.

P.S. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment and I'd be happy to answer it for you.

Songs for the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment